Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dancing with the stars

The latest cast of "Dancing with the Stars" was announced today, and I guess there's a lot of talk going around about the quality of "star" they've lined up. I think this talk happens every time they announce the lineup. I do have to say that I was so pleased to learn that Melissa Gilbert was going to be on this season. I love her. She's a natural. Half Pint!

I have no idea what criterea the DWTS people look for when casting the show (a pulse?) but here's my fantasy list:
  1. Stewart Copeland. Did you really think I was going to lead off with anyone else? Look, he's dreamy, sure, but he also a) is fit (all that drumming/cycling/polo is good for something), and b) possesses a sharp wit that would make him fun for TV. The guy's a charmer, I'm telling you. He'd be a great fit with that feisty Russian chick.
  2. Elisabeth Shue. It only makes sense - the Karate Kid, Ralph Macchio, was on last season (looking almost creepily the same age as he was in the 80s). I think they screwed up by not casting her then. She's still beautiful. My only reservation about her is, she might be too busy. She could be too good for this show.
  3. Mark Hamill. Two words: Luke Fucking Skywalker. Wait, is that three words?
  4. Kathy Griffin. One of the few places where Kathy might be a bigger star than some of the other people who have appeared on this show.
  5. Paula Poundstone. I know, I know, two comediennes on the same show could be a disaster, BUT, Paula has been lobbying (weakly, I think, but still) on her Twitter and Facebook pages. And she's so funny. I don't think that she would have the same experience as Kathy Griffin, who (it seems to me) is way more comfortable being glam.
  6. Mia Sara. She played Ferris' beautiful girlfriend in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." I don't know what she's been up to lately (Wikipedia has her in a TV pilot and a miniseries but I didn't do that much research). She probably could use the attention, don't you think?
  7. Ron Cey, Steve Garvey, Steve Sax, Mike Scoscia, etc. Get some old school Dodger Blue out there.
  8. Tony Dow. Wait, is Tony Dow dead? No, no, he's not dead. Did you know he was a sculptor now? He might be too cool for Dancing with the Stars.
  9. Any of the Cosby kids, except Raven-Symone. Or Claire; she'd probably be the best of all of them.
  10. C. Thomas Howell. One word: PONYBOY.
  11. Cybil Shepherd. I bet she still has great legs.
  12. Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Would he be clueless? Maybe. Would it be awesome? Probably.
Well, I could go on, but why?

No comments:

Post a Comment