However, if they hadn't asked me, I probably would've been upset about that, too. Aren't I a strange woman?
Anyway, I talked it over with Patrick, and on Sunday, told him that I wanted to do it.
There are few reasons why I decided to put myself through this again:
- My old friend Bo is in the show, and he and I can carpool (so if I screw up I don't have to kick myself all alone; he's quite good at making me laugh).
- The show is written by Charles Duncombe, the director's husband and the man I work with in the booth; his work is always really interesting to me.
- The show has connections to the last one; I like that kind of continuity.
- I'm only being asked to be available for 4 weeks (two weeks of rehearsal, plus two weeks of shows). Who knows if this is what it will really be as time goes on, but that's a pretty good gig.
- Redemption, motherfucker.
So. Look for me in the booth starting April 4th. Yeah, I know the booth operator isn't exactly a draw for most people going to the theater, but you're here to read about ME, right?
For more information, go to www.citygarage.org. You won't regret it.