Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday

Today has been totally cool.

I had an interview this morning. It went well. We'll have to see how well, but either way, I feel good about it.

After that I stopped at Borders and chatted with my friend Bo for a minute, mocked his funny haircut in my mind only (I don't know why, he takes my ribbing really well, and is used to it and gives it right back to me), and bought David Sedaris' book and a new copy of 1984, which I have not read probably since 1984. Then I went to Target and bought $128 worth of cleaning supplies and other household items. My house is a pig sty and I am a pig and if I could just get off the damn computer (Facebook and iTunes are ruining my life, and I mean that in a good way) it might be cleaner. One of the cats had a hairball incident in the office and I said to Patrick, "Don't worry, I'll clean that up real soon," and he goes, not at all sarcastically or meanly, "What do you mean? Won't it just go away if we ignore it?" And that kind of sums up how we've been dealing with most issues around the house for quite some time.

After Target, I ran home to change my clothes and THEN I had a massage with my man, Bruce.

Yes, Bruce is My Man now. We had a lovely time, only it ended, which sucked, and now I'm going to eat some lunch and work up the energy to clean the bathroom. Yep, it's the smallest room in the house, and the dirtiest. After I eat and clean, I plan on writing a thank you letter to the ladies I interviewed with, and practicing, and listening to more music, and maybe, maybe, if there's time, going outside again, 'cause it's a gorgeous day in LB today and why the hell am I sitting here on the computer?

Oh, and I've been listening to Nirvana pretty much non-stop since Saturday when I downloaded "Nevermind." I had that album in 1991 (Patrick bought it for me, even though at the time I was dating Drew. In fact, I think right after he gave it to me, Drew and I had a little fight about something else, and I called Patrick to talk about it, and he got pissed off at me because he said I was abusing our friendship. Now that's a weird thing to remember, isn't it.) but I lost my copy or sold it or something, so I had to download it, and boy am I glad I did. "Lounge Act" is a great song. Somewhere around here I have an old copy of their first album, "Bleach," which, as soon as I find it will be permanently residing on my iPod. I just bought "In Utero" which I never owned in the first place, and I feel like putting on some leggings and a flannel shirt and my black boots and walking around with this shit blaring in my ears.

Listen to a too-short clip of "Lounge Act" here.

GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP GET UP

No comments:

Post a Comment