Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Update on me reading the Sleeping Beauty books by Anne Rice

I forgot to mention:

I started re-reading book one, and got about three quarters of the way through before... all the beatings got to me. Maybe I just have zero understanding of erotica and what people are looking for (no maybes about it, I really don't know anything about erotica), but people getting jacked up is not sexy to me. It seems a little too violent and psychologically questionable, and I just can't do it. I mean, are you supposed to imagine that nobody's actually getting hurt? I don't get it.

So? I'm out. Anybody interested in these books is welcome to them. Contact me with your mailing address and I'll send them to you, free of charge. The first one might have a little minor water damage (water glass mishap). Maybe you'll get more enjoyment out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment