Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Random Tuesday

Nothing much is going on. Work was 8 hours of hell, but hopefully that's over soon. Many things were said and done at my place of business, and some of them - precious few - made sense, even fewer made any difference. Some of them made me laugh, though, so that's something.

I did get three huge boxes of ink cartridges for the exam unit, which they have been waiting for since February, and I did write one hell of a report on the ability (or inability) of the directors to complete assignments (I used the NETWORKDAYS function in Excel, and can I say it? It worked like a fucking charm), and spelled out exactly how long it takes them to complete their assignments, or how overdue their assignments are: oh, and copied them all on the report, too, so they know what my boss knows when she knows it. Sooner, actually, because she had already left for the day when I delivered that report, so that ought to make their morning meeting nice and squirmy. So, I don't know, while I continue to pretty much be uncomfortable at work and to plot my escape during my every moment there (not unlike high school... but those fantasies always included a boy on a motorcycle - don't read too much into that, people), I am seemingly serving some purpose. And hey, if that purpose is to point out that other people suck at their jobs in subtle and wiseacre ways, well, then. Let's go on with it already.

Went shopping after work - shoes usually help when I get like this. No luck - didn't really need any of the shoes I saw today. (I can tell you, however, that I need the shoes "Woman 1" is wearing in BAD PENNY - I'd send you all over to www.citygarage.org [click on "news" not "current production" - yes, that seems weird to me, too] to check them out but somehow Pauly didn't get any shots of Cynthia's feet in any of the photos. What's up with that, Paulo?) Ended up just buying a pair of pants, a nightgown, and a gift for my co-worker, who will be having a birthday on Thursday. She doesn't read this blog (she doesn't read her own email) so I can tell you: I got her an overpriced, oversize, beautiful blues/whites/browns silk scarf from Ann Taylor, and I'm quite proud of this gift, because I have been thinking that Eileen has "silk scarf" written all over her since we first met, a year and a half ago. It would cover her up quite nicely when she's out in the sun, or tie in a cute bow around her neck - really, it's the perfect.

Yes, I got a gift receipt. Sheesh.

Anyway, came home, we talked about our trip to Santa Cruz/Aptos/San Jose (how'd that get in there?) and then Patrick had the best idea ever: pizza! We had beer, watched two episodes of "Weeds" and now, because I am tired, I am considering going to bed. Common sense, no? I was going to practice, finish the laundry, and make the bed, but I think this plan is better, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment