Tuesday, June 28, 2011

40 things

I feel like answering questions, so let's go!
1. Do you like bleu cheese?
Yes! I didn't like it for years, though. I'm starting to love it, and don't get to eat it often enough. Why is that, I wonder? Why would I think anybody cares?

2. Have you ever smoked?
Unfortunately, yes. I did it off and on when I was a teenager, then full-on as a young twenty-something because my boyfriend/ex-fiance did, finally quit forever when I was about 30 because instead of making me feel "cool," smoking made me feel "sick." Also, I could let it go easily enough, but Patrick was a more hardcore smoker, and I knew if I kept doing it, even a little, he would never quit. Thankfully, eventually, we both did. I did sort of like the ritual of it, and the smell of the (unlit) cigarette paper on my hands, but I don't miss it at all.

3. Do you own a gun?
Nope. I do, however, own a piccolo.

4. Favorite type of Food?
Good food, man. Good food. Not the kind of food that has a capital F, however (?).

5. Favorite type of music?
See no. 4. I played a lot of Jackson 5 for the baby this weekend, and also found myself humming Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" to him while I changed his diaper, and we listened to some Talking Heads while driving to the mall, and I practiced Mozart and Schubert on Sunday, but there's no specific "type" that is my favorite.

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I think hot dogs are best enjoyed infrequently. And then with lots of relish and mustard. And toast my bun, please.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
Umm. None.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
It used to be a Diet Coke (in a can ONLY) but I've given that up. Now I drink water. I know. How prison-y of me.

9. Can you do push ups?
Hell no, I can't do push ups, you crazy person.

10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
My wedding ring, my Swiss Army watch, my "mom" necklace, my diamond necklace, my cheap-ass Banana Republic earrings.

11. Favorite hobby?
Fluting, reading, working on shows at City Garage.

12. Do you have ADD?
I don't think so?

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
Yes, have since I was just a little tiny girl with huge gigantic eyeglasses.

14. Middle name?
It was Laura, now it's my maiden name.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
I need to finish my water, I need to refill the pillbox in my purse with acidophilous and fenugreek, I need to remember to get one of my brake lights fixed.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
Water, Diet Coke, root beer

17. Current worry?
Not getting home before Ex gets hungry; not finding time to practice at least once more before Thursday.

18. Current hate right now?
Traffic. Jaywalkers. Kids riding their bikes without helmets on. The 3:30 a.m. arrival/departure of my neighbor on his Harley. Feeling so tired.

19. Favorite place to be?
In bed.

20. How did you bring in the new year?
I was 9 months pregnant. I think I stayed awake but I can't really recall.

21. Someplace you’d like to go?
Home.

22. Name three people who will complete this.
Eh, I never pass these on. If you want to do it yourself, let me know.

23. Do you own slippers?
I had a pair from when I was pregnant, when I for some reason grew attached to them. I wore them all through my maternity leave, and then one day I took a really good look at them, and they suddenly grossed me out so I threw them away. I haven't replaced them yet.

24. What color shirt are you wearing?
Black, with a gray tank underneath. Happy summer!

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
Who knows? I've never tried. I like my cotton sheets.

26. Can you whistle?
Nope. But I can play the flute and piccolo. Can you?

27. Where are you now?
In my head.

28. Would you be a pirate?
No...?

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
A few examples: Elton John (Daniel, Levon, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road), David Bowie (Space Oddity, Changes, Under Pressure), Styx (Babe, Mr. Roboto, Blue Collar Man), Captain Beefheart (The Spotlight Kid, Too Much Time, When I See Mommy I Feel Like a Mummy), Beatles (Don't Let Me Down, I'm a Loser), George Harrison (My Sweet Lord), Cat Stevens (Katmandu)... and many, many more. Don't even think I know the lyrics to all these songs: I mostly make 'em up.

30. Favorite Girl’s Name?
That's hard. I like old-fashioned names like "Frances." There are others, I just can't think of any.

31. Favorite boy’s name?
Patrick, Robert, Andrew

32. What is in your pocket right now?
Nothing. Sorry, Bilbo.

33. Last thing that made you laugh?
My cute baby, who opens up his eyes in the morning, finds me staring at him, and smiles. Sweetie boy!

34. What vehicle do you drive?
A 2004 Honda Accord. It has 115,000+ miles on it, needs a new brake light, an oil change, and possibly to have its tires balanced and rotated. Definitely the tires need air.

35. Worst injury you’ve ever had?
Stupid breast abscess!!!!!!

36. Do you love where you live?
I like very much where I live. I'd like it more if it were shadier, larger, and with a remodeled bathroom.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
1 very large flat screen in the living room. There's a tiny TV in the garage, but I don't think it works.

38. How many computers do you have in your house?
Patrick has two laptops, a PC attached to the TV, and I have a laptop. We both have smartphones. And there's a least two computers in the garage, but I think only one is in use (Patrick's music computer).

39. If you changed your job, what would it be?
Stay at home mom for awhile, bookstore employee.

40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be?
A college fund for the baby, yearly vacations to someplace awesome for the family, and I can't think of a third one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment