Thursday, November 15, 2012

I miss Alan Keyes

I very rarely talk about politics here, because I know I don't have enough background to truly offer anything uniquely informative, other than my opinion (and opinions, as we all know, are like... fill in the blank). Even I don't trust my own opinion all the time, why should you?

But I read the following in the NY Times today, and I have a reaction:
“You can imagine for somebody making $25,000 or $30,000 or $35,000 a year, being told you’re now going to get free health care, particularly if you don’t have it, getting free health care worth, what, $10,000 per family, in perpetuity — I mean, this is huge,” Mr. Romney said. “Likewise with Hispanic voters, free health care was a big plus. But in addition with regards to Hispanic voters, the amnesty for children of illegals, the so-called Dream Act kids, was a huge plus for that voting group.”
Dear Mr. Romney,

I am Hispanic. I didn't vote for President Obama because of the Dream Act or because of free healthcare. I voted for Obama because he's NOT YOU. I'm insulted by your comment above, as I have been by most of your comments in the past. You, your ideals, your ideas, your method of communication, your choice of words: none of these things have anything to do with me, as a citizen of the United States, as a person, as a voter.

Sincerely,

Irene Palma




No comments:

Post a Comment