Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Thinking about Important Topics, like my hair

In a couple weeks, I'm going to do a little photoshoot with a friend of mine from the theater. His name is Justin, and he's a photographer and actor (what are the odds he'd be anything else, given the facts in that first sentence?), and he's offering company members a nice rate on a sitting. Probably they're all going to use his photos for head shots. I have no need for head shots. On the other hand, I've never done any kind of photo thing before, and I thought it might be nice to get some with my flute, for my blog, for my scrap book. If they come out nicely, maybe he can get some more work from the real professional musicians I know. And, he's cool, his pictures are great, he's clearly creative (these won't be those boring "girl with flute" photos you see all the time, I'm sure): it'll be fun. He has a makeup person, which is fine. I think I know what I will wear, but the big question is, what the fuck do I do about my hair?

(For those of you who remember my adventures on stage at City Garage, Justin was in the play "The Bacchae" with me. He played Dionysus, and literally kissed every single female on that stage, except for me and the woman who played his mama, and believe me, I saw him looking at her.)

Seriously. My mop is growing out in the wildest way possible. I've been told and I know it's true, that I need to blow dry… I'm too lazy. I just wish it would grow. I'm in that same place I remember being in the 7th grade, after a disastrous short hairdo, that on me as a 13 year old skinny flat chested girl, made me look like a skinny 10 year old boy. Right now, as I was then, I am jealous of everyone's beautiful, seemingly trouble-free hair. I feel like a clown. Anyway, even if I blow it dry, that's no guarantee it won't look insane. I feel like I need a haircut but I know that defeats my wish of growing it out.

Well, I have a little time to figure it out. Or maybe the makeup person will also be a hair genius! I'll be sure to post a link to Justin's website after my sitting. Unless I choose to do some topless shots*. I mean, you never know what can happen, right?

*While it's true that one never knows what can happen (we learn this from watching shows like "The Real Housewives of New York," except, one always knows what's going to happen on those stupid shows, which is why I stopped watching), I am 100% sure that there will be no nudity. Even though the photo shoot is taking place at City Garage, a place that inspires nudity and celebrates the human body, my particular human body will not be celebrated in any way, shape, or form. In fact, I'm thinking about buying the biggest shapeless turtleneck I can find for my date with Justin and his camera. Big ol' turtleneck lady, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment