Thursday, June 26, 2008

I actually have things to do - updated

1. Go to Borders and purchase three books - one for my friend Sarah, which I told her about, and now I don't want to give up my own copy; one that Sarah recommended, which I hope I have the right title of; and one I read about in the LA Weekly that looks funnier than shit.

Borders didn't have the Evil NASA book, or whatever it's called. Or maybe they did (the computer at the store said that the book "may be in stock," which I actually liked, enjoying the positive attitude). However, it was shelved somewhere in their Metaphysical section, a section of the store that I have zero business being in. Yeah, I walked by the Metaphysical section, but then I started to get a little itchy - so I left. I purchased this book instead. Got the other two successfully.

2. Burn a CD for my friend Sarah, which I believe she will enjoy more than I do.

Still haven't burned the CD but I did listen to some of these tracks on the way home from Culver City tonight, and it's good stuff. I may just have too many options when I'm in the car, because I have noticed when I have my iPod on shuffle that I skip a lot of really good songs, in hopes, I guess, of hearing something totally amazing that I had forgotten about.

3. Wash my car.

Car is still filthy. The Bubble Machine was closed when I left the concert, and I was running too late to go before.

4. Clean out my car (inside, trunk).

I did do this, threw away a lot of trash, but more attention could've been paid to the trunk. I may have to re-do the trunk tomorrow.

5. Buy juice or whatever we're going to drink tonight at the flute choir concert

I went to Smart & Final for the Martinelli's - they had all six different flavors. I was a bit embarrassed because I couldn't find the right aisle, and so when I asked somebody and he tried to tell me it was on aisle 10, I got a little snooty and asked him to show me "because I've been looking and I can't find it." He walked me over to aisle 10, which, it turns out, I had skipped, and it was right there in plain sight. "Fucking bitch" I'm sure he muttered as he walked back to the frozen food section, but this can't be proven.

6. Finish my laundry, which involves ironing a linen dress I hope I didn't ruin by washing in the machine.

Dress actually survived the wash, and fits better (it was a tiny bit big). Everyone seemed to like it, and I'm glad, because I like it, too. Sometimes I wonder if when I purchase skirts and dresses if I'd just be better off sticking with my khaki pants and black sweaters: if I should be dressing up.

7. (Most important item) Practice my flute and piccolo parts for tonight's concert. I wish I could add, purchase new piccolo to this list - my piccolo, which was a bargain, and therefore, I'm lucky it sounds as good as it does, is kind of a piece of junk. It's just a couple of steps up from a toy. It's 55% plastic, and that, my friends, says it all. It alternates from being very flat to being very sharp. Once in a while I hit it in tune (middle E flat is a relatively good note). It helps when the rest of the flute choir is also out of tune.

My warm up went just fine; my piccolo actually sounded great, if a tad loud. I am a really loud picc player, what can I say? The concert was terrific, and Rachel, our new girl who played a huge solo in Scherhazade (I spelled that wrong) did a wonderful job. She's amazing. Everyone liked the pieces we played, and it was fun.

(That was me being sarcastic, in case you couldn't tell. )

But what have I been doing instead? Instead I have been watching Kathy Griffin on Bravo, eating lunch, playing Scrabulous on Facebook (and mostly trailing my friends Michael, Sarah and Terry) and watching the kid across the street play catch by himself (he truly is quite talented). I did take a shower. There's one thing down. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment