Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday and Sunday - Updated

Without giving you too many details, Patrick and I got hit with some kind of bacteria last night. I woke up at 2 a.m. feeling sicker than I have in my entire life. I was in and out of the bathroom the whole rest of the morning, and didn't fall asleep again until 9:30. Patrick seemed okay when I woke up at 2, but as time went by, he too was sick. Once I fell asleep, I slept until about 4:30.

Body aches, headache, to say nothing of our stomachs - it's been a long day.

The sweetest thing, though, was that during all my trips to the bathroom, while I was feeling the worst, my little cat, Franny joined me. She sat on my lap, or just hung out on the floor and waited for me.

Patrick's gone to the store - he's feeling better already - to get us some juice and soup. I couldn't even think about food until a little while ago, but now I'm feeling a little hungry.

...

So, we had gone to a late lunch on Saturday at the Yard House here in LB with my parents, and then hung out with them for awhile - we walked around Shoreline Village and showed them downtown. After they left, we were home, doing our usual thing of watching TV and making each other laugh. After awhile, we got hungry again, so Patrick broke out some nuts and crackers. We both ate them, but he had more than I did. Then we went to bed. Then disaster struck (see above). I was concerned for my parents, because they don't like going to restaurants they've never been to, and here we are, sick as dogs: I was worried they had gotten sick, too. And they'd planned, on Sunday, to drive up to Palmdale to visit my aunt and uncle, and I hoped we hadn't ruined those plans. So at some point Sunday morning, I called their house to see how they were (I was still in a fog at that point; the phone was so heavy - my arm was so weak), but they didn't answer, so I assumed they were okay, and that the Yard House wasn't to blame. Then later that night my sister emailed me, and I told her what happened. She said they were fine, so I stopped worrying about it, and assumed Pat and I had gotten sick from the nuts and crackers, as strange as that was.

Finally on Monday I spoke with my mom myself, and it turns out that though she wasn't hit with the same problems as Patrick and I were, she did have some pretty major discomfort on Sunday. My dad, who had ordered a burger, was fine. So it wasn't the nuts and the crackers, which is unfortunate, because we still had another bag of them (nuts), and we threw all that stuff away as soon as we had the strength to open the trash can.

No comments:

Post a Comment