Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday stuff

On Tuesday, I had my physical; part of the physical requires some blood tests. So today I'm off to the lab to do that, after fasting for 12 hours. 12 hours is a long time, sometimes.

Because my doctor felt a "cyst" (reason for quotes in a moment), she gave me a referral for a full-on breast exam. I made that appointment this morning, and I'm going on Monday. Way to use a County holiday, isn't it. (After that I'm getting a massage from Bruce, though, so it kind of makes up for it.)

The woman who made my appointment referred to it as a "lump."

Isn't it funny that "cyst" is less scary to me than "lump"?

Maybe I'll just think of it as lump crab meat. That's yummy. And I'm hungry, so it's sort of distracting. After the lab I'm having lunch with a friend at Souplantation. We will eat until we burst. That's not a prediction, that's a fact.

...

Last night on my way home from work, I rediscovered my "Life's not so scary!" music.

In 1990, when me and Adam spent a couple of weeks visiting his brother in Santa Cruz, we were listening a lot to Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, and to Talking Heads. The Talking Heads album of that trip was "Naked." CSNY is good stuff, but a little melancholy. "Naked" is pure goofball grooviness. Last night I was driving down the 91 with the windows down (obviously doing less than 40), pretty much blaring "(Nothing But) Flowers" and "Totally Nude."

I can't remember which song it was, but I distinctly remember dancing with Adam's brother to this album, in his living room. That was pretty cool.

I have a feeling I'm going to be listening a lot to those two songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment