Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 1 of being back to work was easy.

But today, day 1 of week 2? I am in need of some encouragement.

I'm tired. I miss my baby. Yesterday was a lazy day, but then in the late afternoon, we realized that we really needed to go grocery shopping, so Patrick and I took J. to Wal-Mart (not my favorite store, but they literally have everything we need; they make it so hard to go anywhere else). Their food selection is pretty good. They have lots of Kashi for me and Morningstar Farms for Patrick. I think that trip kind of messed up the baby's wind-down time in the evening because he was fussier than usual (he usually isn't fussy at all!) at bedtime. I was already feeling worn out so it was hard. Maybe I'm going to (finally) get my period soon because I was feeling that kind of tired.

I still am, actually. Our night-time feedings (usually two, between 12:30 and 2:30) turned into three, and I don't know, I think he could tell I was tired. And then instead of sleeping until 4:15 (like he did all week!) he woke up again at 3:30, hungry!

Today at work? I just miss him. I'm jealous of Patrick for getting to be with him all day, while I have to pump (I tried to go for it 5 times instead of just 4, since he's being fed 5 times at home or in daycare, but man is it harder. I mean, I have to work, too! I think I'm going to have to get that 5th one in at home, which sucks because I want to be with him when I'm home, not hooked up to the pump). I know he deserves time with the baby and it's so nice that he can do it, but... I want to be home, too.

Blah. I'm so lucky I only have to work 4 days a week! It's too bad they're loooong days but I have to remember I get to be home 3 days a week. I get that extra whole day that most people don't.

I can do this. Right?

1 comment: