Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ask Sarah

Hey, Sarah,

I've been invited to the LA Weekly Theater Awards - City Garage has garnered a few nominations for the three shows last year by Charles Mee; I was involved in two of them, and since that's something not likely to happen to me again, I'm pretty excited about it. Anyway, it's not until April, but here I am, thinking about what to wear.

The thing I want to do this time is plan ahead and have something ready before so that I'm not rushing around during the week before (as I have done in the past), trying to find something appropriate. I'm terrible at this kind of thing... I'm good at figuring out what I like and don't like, but when it comes time to picking something for me, I'm always at a total loss. Then there's also the issue of my feeling really fat right now (post-menstrual or not, I think I've gained at least 6 or 7 pounds this month... leftover party food not helping), and I just want to make sure I pick something flattering and maybe a little unexpected. I don't think it's like a totally formal situation, but I do want to wear a dress, and pretty shoes... Not be my typical jeans + black sweater self (or dressed up version). What do you think? Are there any stores you might recommend? Or even some encouragement about going back to WW...? You've done really good; I've totally slacked off... I need some inspiration.

....

Sarah's reply:

Here's this from J.Crew?

My style advice would be to go with a simple dress and get some fabulous shoes.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14737204/c/66553.html
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/14737219/c/66556.html

I'm not sure if this dress and these shoes go together, but I like the idea of a simple dress and more colorful shoes. Before you said a "dress" I was thinking that an outfit with black pants could be nice? All black with colorful shoes? I hope this helps...

...


I like the dress you've suggested; I guess the thing to do is get out there and try stuff on.

Love love love those shoes! Thanks for those suggestions, too. I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment