Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Home Again

Well, we're home. We left Friday the 16th for Colorado Springs, and have been there ever since. Patrick was attending a conference, and I was... reading, sleeping, and hanging out.

For one thing, we stayed in the most beautiful hotel I've ever been to. Click on the title of this post for more information. Seriously - our room was possibly bigger than our entire house. And the bed - wow. Usually I hate the pillows on hotel beds, but these were lovely. I mean, the pillows were great but everything was terrific. The bathroom, the huge tub, the marble, the views - for five days of doing nothing, I had the time of my life.

The only thing not so great about this trip was, we didn't have a car, and so, were kind of stuck at the hotel for most of the time. Tuesday night we all were able to pile into a bunch of buses and were driven down to "downtown" Colorado Springs for a night on the town. We hit the one main street with David, Patrick's boss, in search of someplace interesting (and cheap) to eat. We ended up at Everest Nepal Restaurant - and I swear to god, it was the best meal in five days. Absolutely delicious.

Anyway, we took a bunch of pictures, but I haven't uploaded them to the computer yet, and so... for now you have to take my word for it. Because it was beautiful there, but I'm very glad to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment