Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Guitar Hero, Update

I just finished, successfully, "Rain of Blood," by Slayer, on Medium. Patrick is in the living room, trying to finish it on Easy. This is his third unsuccessful try.

I still can't beat Lou on "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" on Medium. I'm just not getting how the fuck I'm supposed to do all those consecutive fast notes. It seems impossible, but I know there's a way to do it. I think I'm working too hard.

It kind of reminds of me how I refuse to double-tongue, and instead single-tongue my way through fast passages on my flute that other people choose to double-tongue. It makes it easier for them, but not for me. I think all those years playing piccolo trained me to have a fast tongue. And suddenly this got dirty, which was not my intention. Or was it...

Anyway, now I go to bed. And you should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment