Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sitar Hero

Over the weekend I mentioned to Patrick that I couldn't remember any of my dreams from last week, which is pretty weird. After that, though, I was back on track:

Not only did I have the weird dream about finding money Sunday night, last night I dreamed about David Grohl and Stewart Copeland (separately; there were two parts to this dream. I think I woke up in the middle to use the bathroom, after the Stewart Copeland part, and when I went back to bed, I dreamed about Dave Grohl.)

As we all know, Dave Grohl is the man I love to hate, and Stewart Copeland is the man I love (love, as in I love cookies; Patrick is the real man I love). It was pretty silly.

The Stewart part was just me seeing him outside a building. The Dave Grohl part involved me somehow hanging out with him at his house and seeing what a mess his place was, offering to help him clean it, and instead talking about music all night.

...

Patrick bought Guitar Hero III for the Wii last week, and we're obsessed. I mean it, we're like two 12 year old boys with that thing. I don't want to brag, but I'm doing much better than Patrick - he's mastered the techniques (hammer on!) but I have what he calls "flute fingers" - I can hit the fast rhythms and complicated patterns of "Medium." I beat Slash! Now, I'm sure this isn't that great of an accomplishment, but when you think that I spent 40 hours at work last week and will again this week (probably more: I worked two hours of overtime tonight finishing up a report), and that left me with just about 6 hours total of play-time... well, it's still not that great an accomplishment. But we have a ton of fun. I even went online and battled strangers! Sure I lost, but so what? Practice makes perfect.

Now if only I could apply that logic to the real instrument I actually do play...

No comments:

Post a Comment