Monday, October 26, 2009

I love Google product search

I love it not because I actually use it to shop for stuff (I get everything I need at Target, my local Hallmark store, Borders, J. Crew, and the Gap, thank you) but because I love to see what other people are shopping for. And because sometimes I am too lazy/too bored with my own schtick/coughing up my lungs too much to come up with something else to write about. Also, it used to be called "Froogle," and I'm glad they renamed it because "Froogle" reminded me of "the frug," some old-timey dance I'm too young to know about, or "Fraggle," as in "Fraggle Rock," a stupid off-shoot of the Muppet show. I hated those damn Fraggles. Anyway, here's a taste of what people were searching for this morning:

A few of the items recently found with Google Product Search:
venetian masks
spork
gumball machine
espn nba basketball
deep space nine dvd
atomic clock
money sorter
homeworld
godfather dvd
back massager
1 day acuvue
boat shoes
birthday card
flash card
hotwheels
firewood rack
car amplifier
bottle opener
carpet shampoo
frank sinatra cd
corkscrew
cat collar
baby crib
cpu fan
desk lamp

I refreshed four times to find this particular list, and I would like to say that "back massager" appeared twice. Somebody really needs to relax. Carpet shampoo... hmmm. Is that for before or after the "back massager"? I love this list. Venetian masks! Sporks! Cat collar! Boat shoes! Somebody is planning a seriously awesome Halloween party. Also, "birthday card." Hello! That's what the Hallmark store is for, dumbass! And, I didn't know individuals like you and me (as if anybody on the Internet right now is like me) could purchase an atomic clock. I tried reading up on them at Wikipedia to figure this out but I'm on cough medicine right now, am not very smart to begin with, and frankly, don't care all that much.

On to the next list!

A few of the items recently found with Google Product Search:
nikon coolpix
doormat
gas generator
dustbuster
briefcases
norton antivirus
dave matthews
coffee percolator
mustache trimmer
clogs
foosball table
superman t-shirt
gatorade
baseballs
ladies watches
apple imac
air conditioner
faux fur coat
baseball glove
hip flask
pony beads
stationary bike
frontpage
elvis costume
george foreman grill

I find it very interesting that right after "doormat" comes "Dave Matthews." I wonder if his wife was on Google this morning? Looking for a gas generator, probably. This is actually a much more useful list for me, because you know, I've been looking for a new faux fur coat. I'll need something to cover the Superman t-shirt.

...

Follow up:

That second list reminded me that I haven't had a new pair of clogs in years, and in fact, the only ones I know the whereabouts of are my hundred year old black Dansko professionals that look awful. So I clicked on the "clogs" list and found these. Are they not adorable? I'm not quite ready for fall and/or winter or to give up my flip flops (I am so lucky to live in California) but these? I might go for these.


No comments:

Post a Comment