Monday, October 5, 2009

Making fun of clip art


I'm writing a newsletter at work about getting active, and I'm considering using some clipart. I always stay away from the drawn clipart but clipart in general is pretty lame. Here's an example of what I mean:

Hey, love the bandana, Santana! That guy has some... crazy legs. Why did she feel the need to put on a tank top over her mock turtleneck? And are those bowling shoes?

I discern a lot of sexual tension, here, too. Without that line on the ground separating them, there might be something going on. Clearly she's more into it than he is - she's almost over on his side.

Not seen in this photo: Harry and Sally, walking through Central Park, talking about how men and women can't be friends without sleeping together. Sally's wearing those cute high-waisted pants. And a tie.

No comments:

Post a Comment