Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Yesterday

Yesterday, after being told that she was tired, my mom's doctor ordered some blood work. After she'd gone home, the doctor's office called around 7 p.m. and told her to go to the emergency room because her potassium was low. My dad and my sister took her and were there until 2:30 a.m. with her. She was given medicine and I guess is okay - it was too early in the morning to talk (Angie texted me). I'll get more details later.

...

It was interesting: I learned that I deal with stress by doing laundry. When I'm stressed and I don't do laundry, I just stay all pent up and tense. If I do laundry, I have a surmountable task with a beginning and an end, and that seems to calm me down.

I went to bed around 11 p.m. I stayed up doing laundry (see above) and actually putting the laundry away, and I watched "The Good Wife" with Patrick. For once, I figured out how to deal with his critical comments about whatever TV show I'm enjoying: agree with him. The courtroom details (well, mostly the so-called private investigating of her firm's investigator) of last night's episode were pretty weak but somehow the show is still good. I really like Juliana Margulies: I just love her, for some reason. I hope they don't keep pressing the issue of the young stud lawyer and her having conflicts. Also it's hard to look at that guy (Matt Czuchry, Rory's boyfriend Logan from "The Gilmore Girls") and not wonder... where Rory is. I really like the guy who plays her boss, Josh Charles. I loved him in "Dead Poets Society."

After that we went to bed. Patrick is still snoring (literally: right now he is snoring) but I picked up some earplugs at Target last night, and slept okay. I had a weird dream in which me and Adam Carolla (from "Loveline") were gourmet chefs. I know we were gourmet chefs because we were wearing chefs jackets a la "Iron Chef." At the beginning of the dream, we were organizing lawn furniture on somebody's lawn so maybe we were really caterers and just considered ourselves gourmet chefs. Later we were eating lunch in a famous chef's restaurant, with the famous chef at our table, and Adam was complaining (loudly) about the service while I devoured the plate of food in front of him. I don't remember exactly what we were eating but there was definitely a piece of bloody steak involved, and it was delicious.

Now I'd better go get ready for work. I have a report to prepare today, and then all I want to do is talk to my mom after she wakes up. I'm sure her night in the ER was tiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment