Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I think this is what's called "having an adventure." - Updated

Due to plumbing circumstances beyond our control, Patrick and I ended up staying in a hotel last night. Well, I use the word "hotel" loosely - it was a Quality Inn. Surprisingly cleaner than I expected, with a very comfortable bed, for $60 it wasn't a bad deal. And very close to the freeway - convenient for work.

We had to abandon ship at home because of no shower, toilet, or functioning water at all (oh, it functions - but use the kitchen sink and the bathtub fills up!). I had a flute rehearsal last night until 10 o'clock, so Patrick checked us in and then we headed over around 10:30 p.m.

I missed my cats. I slept poorly. I woke up with that Phil Collins/Philip Bailey song from the 80s, "Easy Lover" in my head - not a bad tune (I loved the video when I was 13) but on an endless loop it's not so fun. I guess it could've been worse: it could've been "Land of Confusion."

On the plus side: Patrick gets a free breakfast (they don't start serving until 6:30, and that's when I had to leave for work), and I was on time to work.

Hopefully the plumbing problem won't be too messy or expensive. Hopefully it's solved by the time I get home. Keep your fingers crossed.

...

Update: 3:03 p.m.

Patrick found a plumber in LB last night and scheduled them to come this morning. He sent me a text a while ago that there were apparently roots in the sewer line. They did something and cleared it. It only cost $90. Showers tonight for everybody! Yay!

I just got off the phone with my dad, and he said sometimes that happens and they just "rooter" it out. I think I'm starting to understand what "Roto-Rooter" means now. Duh. Duh. Duh. I have a surprisingly clear head sometimes for mechanical things but plumbing seems like a totally different language. Oh, well. So long as it works: I have laundry to do tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Plumbing is such a frightening thing because we have no idea how much we really need it.
    I found that out the hard way.

    ReplyDelete