Saturday, July 17, 2010

Yesterday

We've been having a bit of a heat wave in Southern California the last couple of days. I think it's strange that the first day of the heat wave was also the day my sinuses decided to start acting up again.

I've been a little lackadaisical about taking my allergy medicine, even though my doctor said it was okay. "Oh, but my allergies have been great! I don't need to take it!" Duh.

Anyway, Thursday night it started: totally stuffed up head, sneezing, nose blowing, headache, but I had things to do so I did them. I stayed home Friday except for once venturing out for some delicious Thai food for lunch (Panvimarn! I love you!), and even though I had the air conditioner on full blast in the living room, I couldn't get comfortable. I was just so hot and headachey.

When Patrick got home I mentioned that awhile back he'd suggested getting us an air conditioner for the bedroom. At the time I'd said we didn't really need it... but a girl can change her mind, right? So he went out and bought us one, installed it, and I went to bed. An hour later he came into the bedroom, which was apparently as cold as a room can get, and I was a big ball of sweaty sheets. He felt my forehead, and realized that I had a fever.

He went out to get me some acetaminophen (interesting that Tylenol is in the midst of a giant recall right when that's the one thing I really need! Lots of coincidences in this post!), and I took it... and soon felt good enough to fall asleep, because hey, that's what I did.

Anyway, I totally felt like crap, sounded like crap, and haven't been sick like that in ages. It wasn't fun, and the nose blowing and coughing continues today. But I have a nice cool room to relax in now! Thanks, Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment