Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bike! Part 2 + A Host of Other Unrelated, Probably Uninteresting Topics

Patrick got my bike all pumped full of air and ready to go for tomorrow. I'm sitting here on the loveseat in the living room, looking at it. Man it's ugly.

It's been a really long time since I've gone for a ride. I hope I don't look stupid riding it! All uncoordinated and awkward! Or worse yet: whine-y. My friend knows where to turn around so that our ride from her house to this certain point = 10 miles. We're taking the bike path to the beach and then back again.

Not sure how I'm doing on Weight Watchers this week. Today we went to El Taco in Downey: it's another taco stand (we love 'em. Next time you're in Culver City, check out Tito's!). I had two potato tacos, which were super yummy. I guess I have to count the potatoes, the tortillas, and the cheese (lettuce, tomatoes = 0 points). Anyway, the reason we were out there is, we had to take my car back to the window tinting place, because the passenger side window was kind of messed up. I was disappointed. I really hope I didn't make a bad decision in getting my windows tinted. I love the way it looks, but man, if it's going to peel or look bad...? Not cool.

Anyway, while we waited for them to finish the window, we drove around to Downey and had lunch, and then went to Home Depot to look at paint.

Yeah, this was supposed to be the weekend we painted the bedroom. Awhile back we painted one wall a sort of brick-red, but we never painted the other walls. I really like the red wall, but the rest of the room is looking dingy by comparison. So we're looking for something complimentary but not as bold for the rest of the room. In fact, I think I'd like the rest of the walls to be in the white family. I've been browsing the Behr website, and what white could possibly be better for me than "Popped Corn"? Anyway, still working on it.

Right now we're watching an old Jimmy Kimmel from last week, when Milo Ventimiglia and Incubus were on. OK, so I admit it: I love Incubus. The song they performed, "Dig," is one of my favorite songs on the radio right now. I'm probably going to be buying "Light Grenades" any day now.

Another band I've only heard on the radio (Indie!) and am a little bit interested in is "Clap Your Hands Say Yeah." I heard "Satan Said Dance" on my way home from the window tinting place on the radio, and it was pretty cool. Will have to look into them some more. All the reviews on Amazon.com pretty much say, the first album was better. I haven't heard it. Also? I hate buyer reviews. I don't know these people, or what other music they like... who cares what some random dude "Jayloo" thinks? I'd rather listen to the samples on Amazon and make up my own mind.

Anyway, screw it. Maybe I'll just buy a Tom Tom Club CD.

So after possibly blowing it with the El Taco tacos, I had a salad for dinner. Not bad, actually. We added some chow mein noodles (1.5 points for 1/4 cup) and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes... and low fat dressing. It was really good, actually. The chow mein noodles made it crunch. Followed that up with some hummus (2 points for 2 T!) and crackers (10 = 2 points)... I think I deserve some chocolate (I have some mini Reese's peanut butter cups that are just one point each). And some water.

Forgot to metion that yesterday was my RDO... it was nice. I went to the spa and had a body treatment. I've been getting facials from this same girl since I moved here. She's been in four different locations in the seven years we've lived here, and I keep following her from spa to spa. She's terrific, a very nice girl, and I like her a lot. I think what she did on me yesterday was a salt scrub. It was pretty intense. Usually when I go for a facial, I change into this little terry cloth chemise thing, and then cover up with a robe for the walk to my room, but for the body treatment, I had to strip off everything, and wear these horrible disposable undergarments (if you click on the link, the ones I wore are #82520B) under the robe (I really don't like their robes, or their throwaway slippers. The spa is very elegant and nice, but the robe and slippers are kind of cheap and not very comfortable). I've worn the panties when I get waxed (again? too much information?), and they're bad enough. It's like a piece of tissue paper strung on a piece of string. Maybe waxed paper, not tissue. The bra was worse: a paper sling that covered me, but just barely. Luckily I trust my girl totally; I was a little embarrassed about my belly, but got over it. I don't think I'd like that treatment from anybody else, but it was really good. I felt so clean and smooth afterwards. And my skin was totally soft.

Am thinking maybe (maybe! it's a big huge MAYBE) giving up Diet Coke soon. It can't possibly be good for me. I drink a ton of it. Two or more a day... And, as much as I love it, I've been noticing that my mouth has been a little sore lately. I don't know what's up with that. Maybe I've been grinding my teeth at night? Or maybe all the Diet Coke is eating away at the inside of my mouth. Is that too much information? Well, it's what I've been thinking.

This week have had a bunch of weird dreams. No use describing them, really. They were just strange. Franny has been waking us up a lot during the night with her overly aggressive playing... she's been running around a lot and making noise. Not bugging the other cats, but jumping on the bed and being a pest. So maybe that's it. And then if I get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom or something, I've been getting that old creeped-out feeling I used to get. I don't mind coming home alone late, like when I have a really late night at my flute lesson (sometimes we eat dinner, or I go to karaoke, and Patrick gets tired and goes to bed before I'm home), but for some reason, being asleep, and then being awake, in my own house in the middle of the night, freaks me out sometimes.

Anyway, that's all.

Good night.