Friday, March 9, 2007

Flute choir concert, Weight Watchers, 9/80, & another garage sale: pick a topic, any topic!

Last night was the flute choir concert. Not that big of a crowd this time, but we did a good job. I was feeling a tiny bit unprepared - we had our concert one week early this quarter, and we really did need that one extra rehearsal, but it went well. In fact, I think we played better than we've ever played anything this time around. The big hit of the evening was our version of "Salvation is Created," which I had never heard. It's beautiful. We also did a medley of songs from "The Sound of Music," which I know seems totally silly, but was actually lots of fun. The reason we couldn't have the concert next week is, one of our players is going out of town, but the rest of us are going to meet up anyway and go out to dinner. I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully I will have a good week when I weigh in at Weight Watchers on Wednesday, so I can celebrate a tiny bit.

Speaking of Weight Watchers... They've tweaked things a little bit, and I have a couple less points per day than I did the last time I did it. You wouldn't think a thing like a point or two would make that big of a difference, but it does. I've been tracking everything, and I have the same attitude I did the first week the last time I did it: I just want to know what I'm eating, and control it a little. I've been dipping into my 35 extra points (I hardly ever did that before), but have only gone over a few points each day: no big deal. Also, I've walked and earned a couple of points, which helps. Work has been so busy, that by 3:30 I'm feeling a little nutty, so I've been going for short, 15 minute walks outside. I call them my "mental health breaks." It's been so beautiful outside, that that small amount of time really makes a big difference. I love the sun, and seeing the blue sky. There are windows in my office, but I don't get to really look out much. And: fifteen minutes = one point! There's my 1 point low-fat (but yummy) fudgsicle right there!

In the middle of last month, right about when we went to Colorado, I changed my normal schedule to 9/80. I worried if I would like working nine hours a day, but it turns out I have enough work to keep me occupied for the entire time, and then some... I'm definitely not bored. And getting to work at 7:30 isn't as hard as I thought it would be. It's nice to work 15 minutes from home for a change. So... I work nine, nine hour days days, and then every other Friday, I'm either off or I only work eight hours.

Since technically I was on vacation when it started, today was my first real "regular day off." Let's see, what'd I do... slept in a little, hung out with Patrick - he's getting my Honda windows tinted for me, and we were looking for a place to get it done, so we drove around a bit doing that. He has to work tomorrow, so he had today off, too. Found a place in Bellflower that seemed fine. Then we went to Lowe's, then we went to Old Navy. Got some t-shirts, and a pair of capris. Oh, and new flip flops. 2/$5! I've been needing some.

Then we came home, he took a nap, I read my book (am re-reading A Prayer for Owen Meany, and it's just as good the tenth time), and then I went and got... a facial. Haven't had one in ages, and I wasn't disappointed. My girl Lily is the best.

So, now I'm home, and getting ready for yet another garage sale at my mom's. Looking forward to seeing my mom, and my cousin Monica is bringing my Aunt Mary - it should be fun. I don't have that much to sell this time around, but that's okay. I might just sit in the sun and read.

1 comment:

  1. I only just heard of 9/80 about a week ago. Sounds like a nice thing to know you have a day off every other week.

    I thought our flute concert went well too. Speak for yourself on the "Sound of Music". The bass was entirely an oom-pa-pa part. YUCK! With lots of low C's which aren't currently working on my bass. G's dubbing the concert tonight so I'll listen to a little of it.

    Good luck with WW. Sorry you have a few less points. Is that an age thing??

    ReplyDelete