Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday

Today? Today I have nothin'.

Day-dreamy. A little sleepy. Lazy. The sun is out and that's different from yesterday, which was overcast and cold. Today it's sunny blue skies and breezy. It's how I feel, too.

We went to Baja Sonora for lunch today, and I had a Negra Modelo with my burrito. Both were delicious. The beer could be contributing to my lack of motivation. Currently I am consolidating my iTunes folder ("This Cannot Be Undone!") and am about to embark on backing up my iTunes library. I just got up from a nap I was taking out on the swing in the backyard (I woke up because Patrick was testing out his new double bass drum pedal. Killer calves, here he comes!). He warned me so interrupting my nap wasn't a big deal, but now I feel like I should be more productive... and I'm not.

Later on, I'm going to drive up to Westwood to see and hear my friend Cristina, who is singing in a concert. I'm excited - this is the first concert of hers that I've been able to go to. Patrick is staying home to repair someone's computer (and yes, to watch the Laker game, about which I don't really care. Sorry, everyone) that's been taking up space in our living room for a couple of weeks now. I don't know what's wrong with it.

Last night we went to see the movie "Moon," which was directed by Duncan Jones, AKA, Zowie Bowie. Yes, David Bowie's kid is a filmmaker. It was an okay movie - we love sci fi movies, and Sam Rockwell was terrific, but there were definitely things in the story that didn't make any sense. I hate to spoil it for anybody else, and we did really enjoy it, but just now, thinking about it, there are some things that are bothering me.

Also, Trudie Styler, Sting's wife was the producer, a fact which I found interesting. It's the first movie of hers that I've seen - in fact, I haven't seen anything she's been associated with (including the episode of Friends she was on), though I have "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints" in my Netflix queue. It doesn't mean anything, that it was Trudie, I just happened to notice her name in the credits.

Ah.

So it's going to take another 48 minutes for my backup to be complete. I don't have to go anywhere for at least 2.5 hours. I could do some laundry, or practice, or straighten up the bathroom... there are lots of things I could be doing, instead of sitting here watching the status of my backup.

45 minutes and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment