Thursday, June 4, 2009

Washington, D.C.: Pre-Flight

Patrick and I are sitting in the airport. We’re a little earlier than we needed to be, since we’re flying out of Long Beach, but that’s the time our ride could make it, and we don’t mind. We’re eager to be on our way!

I’m reading Gene Cernan’s memoir, “Last Man On the Moon,” and Patrick is trying to stay awake. We’re both people watching. LB Airport is so easy.

My allergies are pretty bad today, so I have pockets full of tissue. I brought allergy medicine but unfortunately packed it in my luggage, which has already been checked. So I bought a single tab of Claritan at the snack counter. And a huge bottle of water. Patrick seems to think the water was a mistake. We'll see.

This morning, Patrick removed the cool clear doors from the kitty litter boxes. Apparently he found a large turd on the floor. One of the cats was confused by the doors. Oh, my kitties are geniuses. Can't wait to see what they get up to while we're gone. We always talk about setting up a webcam but forgot about it. Ah, well. Next time.

I'm just glad the weather seems a little better than yesterday.

Now, we wait.

More later, maybe from the sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment