Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting ready to take my mom to chemotherapy

It's raining. I'm about to get in the shower. Then I'll drive to Culver City (again) and pick up my mom, and we'll go to Kaiser. I'm having a weird morning. Patrick is fighting a sore throat by sleeping in. Franny keeps walking around in front of me and looking at me: I know she doesn't want me to pick her up: it's not her thing (I'm only allowed to cuddle her in the bathroom... long story). I think she wants some of the leftover milk in my cereal bowl.

I think it's pretty funny and lame that even though I've been missing flesh and blood interaction with my friends for a longwhile now, last night after flute choir, I drove through the parking lot of the bar in Culver City where I knew at least one of them was hanging out and kept going instead of stopping in and having a drink, which I really wanted. I did the same thing, last week.

I need to think about this some more.

1 comment:

  1. (((hugs hugs))) to you Irene! I wish I had some magic words for you, but the older I get, the less magic I seem to have. I am keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Love ya lots, girl!

    ReplyDelete