Thursday, February 25, 2010

Size, um, matters?

Sometime last week I recieved a phone list for one of our divisions that was obviously created in Excel, and that's fine, usually. This particular phone list is okay - nothing special. Design-wise it's quite plain, actually, maybe lacking in consistency regarding formatting. There are a couple of minor mistakes involving the spacebar. Why am I telling you this? Because the genius who created it put it on legal sized paper.

This might be handy info to have but where the hell am I supposed to put it? My "info" binder is not legal sized. I have no desire to fold it. The damn thing has been sitting on my desk for days while I try to figure out how to handle it.

Totally stumped by an 8-1/2 by 14 inch piece of paper. Brought down by a size issue. Slowed to a crawl because... oh, fuck it, the truth is I don't really care. Wait, I think if I place it correctly on the copier, I can get it on a normal sized piece of paper.
 
Yep.
 
Problem solved. I'm a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment