Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My devices, Chipotle

So, my (broken) iPhone 4 was rendered obsolete today: Apple is now giving them away. Would they give me one, you think? "Um, I dropped it. I'm nice! New one, please?"

Or I could go spend $99 and get a 4S. That would be kind of cool... but I can think of a hundred other things I'd like to spend a hundred dollars minus one on.

And then apparently they changed the little connector doo-hickey thing and you know? It sounds like it's going to be a royal pain in the butt to deal with that: I really don't care that much! Whatever. It's fine. The cracked, ugly screen of my current little iPhone is fine.

Because, the thing is, unless the new iPhone 5 is guaranteed not to break when I drop it (and look: I'm gonna drop it. Just accept it and move on), I'm not falling for Apple's b.s. this time. My friend Hollie posted a cartoon showing the new fictional functions of the iPhone 5, and among them were things like exfoliation, time travel, and the ability to make pie appear whenever you want it.

I like those functions, but I'm pretty good on the exfoliation right now, thanks.

Pie, on the other hand? I'm ready. Thanks.

...

Now, my 5 year old iPod needs replacing, I think, because that thing has been acting up all week. And by acting up, I mean, requesting to be charged, then, once charged, the battery lasts for about 45 minutes. So I have to figure that out. Maybe all it needs is to be plugged into my laptop and allowed to phone home: I don't know. It's not like I have time to play around with it these days. I have the 80 GB Classic, and right now it's got 30 GB free... And I guess you can't buy an 80 GB iPod anymore? See, the thing is, I have a ton of music (7,274 songs), yet my iPod still has a ton of space on it. I suppose I could get more music... but I'm pretty satisfied with my 80 GB. What's that Foo Fighter's lyric? You gave me something I didn't have but didn't need? Something like that? Anyway. Maybe I can fix it at home tonight. We'll see.

...

I went to Chipotle at lunch today. Let's get a few things straight right now:
  1. I love Chipotle.
  2. I love their food.
  3. I love their people.
  4. I love their stores.
  5. I love their philosophies.
  6. I love music.
  7. I love loud music.
But the goddamn store I was in today was playing the music so loud that the cute (and nice) kids behind the counter could not hear me... and I couldn't hear them. They were super busy, too! Would it kill you to turn the fucking music down? They build your burrito in that conveyer belt system like Subway does, and it drives me crazy to have to tell 12 different people what I want, and then to have to tell 12 different people the same information 2 times... well. I get pissy.

Anyway, the good news is, my food was delicious. I mean, how could it not be?

No comments:

Post a Comment