Monday, September 8, 2008

Actual conversation

(Cell phone conversation between me and Patrick. Location: parking lot. Time: lunch. Mood: ebullient.)

Me: Hi, sweetie.
Patrick: Hi. How's your day going?
Me [Covers mouth for some privacy. Some guy was walking behind me]: Dude! I think I've died and gone to heaven.
Patrick (Chuckling): What? Why?
Me: I am going to LOVE IT HERE.

Today was my first day at my new job. Everything was 100% better than I could've even hoped it would be. I am very happy to be somewhere where politeness and friendliness seem to reign supreme. Even if my work load turns out to be twice as much as what I expect it to be, I will still be doing about 1/4 of what I was doing before. I see the light, and it is this new job.

The only bad part is getting up at 5 a.m. But I can get used to it, and I can look forward to sleeping in EVERY FRIDAY from now on! Woo-hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment