Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday I'm in love

(I was never a huge fan of that Cure song)

So it's Friday. My first Friday of many Fridays that I'm going to be off. Is that a grammatically correct sentence? What the fuck do I care: I have all day to fix it.

Yesterday I was making big plans for my day off - I was going to get up early and take my car to the car wash (it's filthy). Then I was going to ride my bike down to the Lakewood mall, where I would eat lunch at Souplantation. Then I was going to go shopping for a baby shower gift for my friend David's wife Susan. Then I was going to ride my bike back home and do some laundry, vacuum, watch my TV shows that were taped during the week and I was too tired to watch (or Patrick hates those shows). Then I was going to take a little nap, and then I was going to drive up to Culver City for a flute lesson.

Instead, I slept in until 10 o'clock. When I did get up, I listened a little to Air Talk (Larry Mantle was taking calls from people who saw the Sarah Palin interview with Charles Gibson last night. I'm not crazy about call-in shows, but I do like Larry), read a little (I am currently reading two books, and re-reading one. See the sidebar for details), and then Puma wanted to be brushed, so I brushed Puma. He's such a good boy. Look at that expression: can any cat be sweeter? He has all this extra fur right now, and I'm a little worried about that. My other two cats have such silky (but short) coats. His fur is short, thick and baby gorilla-like. There's a ton of it, and it's all floating around the living room right now. I bought him a new brush last night, and he seems to like it a lot.

Anyway, it's kind of gray outside, not nice enough for a bike ride. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast (Franny finished up the extra milk) and now I think I'll just go take a shower and go shopping for the baby shower present. I love buying gifts for babies, but the invitation specified that we have to wear something pink. I think the only pink I have is this ratty pink t-shirt. Everything is sort of small on me right now (hence the need for a bike ride) but I don't think I'm going to lose 10 pounds before Sunday, bike ride or no bike ride, so I'd better just suck it up and get used to it.

...

Oh, and I've been meaning to mention this for a week now: I finally saw "Juno" the other night, and yes, I realize I may have been the last person in the world (my mother and mother-in-law saw it in the movie theater the week it came out. How's that for a Twilight Zone moment?) to have seen it, so I'll keep my comments short:

1. Ellen Page was perfect.
2. Allison Janney was perfect.
3. It all felt a little too Gilmore Girls-esque for me, with the hip music references and the lightening fast delivery. And while I'd rather hang out with Juno over Rory, Lorelai wins, hands down.
4. Could Michael Cera have any whiter legs?
5. Jason Bateman was perfect as a wannabe Kurt Cobain, but a guy that age with those musical influences, and he didn't know Mott the Hoople? Seriously, that is 100% unbelievable.
6. I've been telling Patrick that Sonic Youth is just noise for YEARS now (but their cover of that Carpenters song is kind of genius).

No comments:

Post a Comment