Sunday, September 21, 2008

This is an unedited post that may be deleted or updated with more interesting items later.

I hope I'm not spoiling anything by saying this, but Patrick is off today with the members of Magnolia Thunderpussy, having what they called a "jam session." (I emphasized "they" because "jam session" is one of those words and phrases that always kind of makes me giggle. It's a legitimite descriptor of what's going on over there but it carries with it, for me, connotations of dudes sitting around in a smoky room, wearing berets, eyes half-mast, saying things like "groovy man" and "that's hot." I totally need to get a better grip on things, yes, I know.) It's a different kind of thing than what they've done in the past - Patrick and Chris, the guitarist, have self-educated themselves and are now experts in the art of computer-aided composition/recording. I'm sure I've not described just what they can do accurately. I will say that I took a CD of something Patrick had created to this guy I knew at my last job who has a professional recording studio, and he said (so that you won't think that I'm just some know-nothing wife) that he was very impressed with Pat's work, and that he would hire him. It's like everything Patrick does well: he immerses himself in it up to his eyeballs, he does it non-stop for a couple of weeks, and then he knows everything. It's kind of freaky. So Patrick, Chris, and Dave will be jamming away for god only knows how long (until the cops shut them down, presumably).

Anyway, I had totally wanted to go but of course bringing your wife (second-class citizen) to a jam session is frowned upon (I would've sat, as quiet and still [stiller, probably] as Michael's mouse), so I am at home again, today. I've been reading this sci-fi book my friend Bo recommended; it's a series and now I'm on book 2, which isn't disappointing, necessarily, but still suffers from the second book slump a little. I planned on maybe reading a bit of that.

If anything else happens that's exciting I'll let you know. I'm not exactly sure what that could be, but if I crack open a beer or go to the grocery store - well. Those details will not be hidden from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment