Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm a tumbler

Meanwhile, dyslexics all across the United States are asking the Republican party,

"Who's 'Courtny Frist'?"

...

Sure, the timeliness of this joke, if it even qualifies as a "joke"!, is suspect. And, before I polished it up, I was going with, "Who's 'Courtny'?" as the punchline. Patrick thought that was too cryptic, so he insisted I find a picture to accompany it. I did a little searching for a good image, and what I really wanted, I couldn't find, so I found something that sort of worked.

And then I rewrote the punchline (again, with full acknowledgment that this joke has probably been all over the world before my little head thought of it), so the picture wasn't necessary.

And now you know why I'm not a professional joke writer.

Though I am concerned: I think I just heard Chris Matthews quoting the Talking Heads' "Born Under Punches." I had no idea "I'm a tumbler" meant anything other than David Byrne's art school gibberish.

No comments:

Post a Comment