Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday

Feeling blah tonight.

At work, I spent most of the day taking inventory of the department's Safety videos. I know! What could be funner, you ask? I don't know, but I do know that it took all freakin' day. Then I learned how to prepare this report for my boss that seems overly complicated. I'm looking forward to doing it a few more times and working out a better system for next year.

I was on the phone with an IT guy when my co-workers went for their morning walk, so I went by myself about 30 minutes later. Boy it was hot today. I made it all the way up the hill (it's a big hill!) but it took me a good 20 minutes to cool off once I got back to my desk. I know I am a gigantic sloth so it shouldn't be surprising, but man: I was kind of miserable for awhile there. In the afternoon, I was working on that report thing with the safety officer, so I couldn't go for a walk then, but I don't think I would've wanted to. It was just too gross outside today.

After I finished up the report, I got an email from Patrick. He found out today that this woman we both worked for when we were at the library, and with whom we just had lunch in Culver City on Sunday, had a heart attack and passed away yesterday.

I'm sort of in shock about it. It just seems so weird that I just saw her, and commented to Patrick about how great she looked, and spoke to her, quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment