Thursday, January 29, 2009

Home again

I am home again from work today. I'm not dying. Instead I am only congested (I'm not going to "snot" anymore, so you can breathe easy now), and I slept poorly last night, even though Patrick let me watch Top Chef two hours early on the satellite (how, exactly, he did that, I do not really know) so I could go to bed before 11 p.m.

In spite of all that, I woke up at some point because I thought I heard a strange sound, and it turned out that I had, indeed, heard a strange sound: the sound of my own breathing. After that I pretty much tossed and turned. And, interestingly, earplugs don't really help if the noise you're trying to block out is... yourself.

I've written and deleted now two paragraphs that aren't very interesting, so I think I'll go lay down or something and write more later. Check back for updates. You know, if something exciting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment