Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm gonna keep this one short - updated

Hi. I haven't blogged much this week (eh. at all would be more accurate). Let me break it down for you:
  1. I'm trying to limit my TV watching.
  2. I'm trying to find a good night during the week to go to the gym when it's not too crowded.
  3. I'm making a CD for my 10 year old niece of music from the 80s. She has one request so far, and that's for more Devo. Imagine how stoked I was to hear that! Devo!!
  4. Flute choir started on Thursday!
  5. I totally need to practice my flute.
  6. Work has been a little boring, but I have a big report due the week after next.
  7. I'm taking Tuesday off so I can watch all the inauguration coverage.
  8. I spent Wednesday sending psychopathic emails to my friend Andrea, and none of them were safe for the blog. Sorry, Andrea. I've calmed down.
  9. I've been going to the gym for almost three weeks now (no, not every day), and I want to know: when am I going to get skinny? Seriously. This being fat business is no fun at all. I'm starting to get impatient, here.
  10. I went to the gym this morning, and even though Patrick didn't want to go with me, I successfully harrassed him into mowing the lawn. Wife: 2, Husband: 0
  11. I'm listening to the songs I selected for my niece's 80s CD to make sure there are no inappropriate references to drugs or unnatural sex acts. This makes me feel weird. Nobody protected me this way in the 4th grade. Maybe I'm doing her a disservice. Then again, she does go to Catholic school...
  12. Later on today we're going to Bucca di Beppo to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday. What the hell am I going to eat? Am I going to pig out like I usually do when I go there? Am I going to un-do all the good I did at the gym? Am I going to start thinking this way again? Yikes. Then again: I want to be thin. While on the treadmill this morning I closed my eyes and envisioned skinny me. I seriously did that. (Meanwhile the ladies in front of me on those crazy stair climber things looked like they were climbing up to the gallows pole. I may be walking to nowhere; at least there's no rope at the end of my vision). There's an old photo of me around here somewhere from when I was in my 20s that Drew took of me. I was wearing these white shorts I used to wear around the house and my Euro Disney sweatshirt, sitting on the couch at my parents' house, holding my kitty, Izzy. My legs were tiny. My waist was hidden by the sweatshirt. But I know it was in there. As I left the gym, I saw my reflection in the window, and there's no resemblance to that thin person anymore. Maybe I'm obsessing a little. But still.

That's all I got today. Good-bye.

1 comment:

  1. Be patient, Irene!
    I lost weight by exercising, drinking water, and eating apples when I had the urge to snack in between meals.
    It takes time but it sounds like you are on the right track!
    Be well.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete