Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Subject: RE: Chocolate Mug Cake

As usual, these messages (and the photo to the left) only make sense if you read up. I'm too lazy to re-do it to be in the right order.

From: Irene
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:16 PM
To: Andrea
Subject: RE: Choclate Mug Cake

Why? Would you have baked him in the easy bake oven? (It's okay so long as it's a 1,000 watt oven.) Could I have cooked "food" over the warmth generated by my Light Bright? Now I'm gonna wonder...

Interestingly, I actually have all of these ingredients (minus the pony) at home. How often does that happen?
I'm still iffy on the egg, but I accept that that's just my prejudices against... microwaves. I also still want ice cream. I must be PMSing right now. How'd you guess?

Is there any toaster-friendly type breakfast food you might recommend I can bring in the mornings that won't make me fat? We have a toaster oven (wattage unverified) if that helps.

In other news... I think I'm going to change my name to Tzipi.

IS IT TIME TO GO HOME YET?

From: Andrea
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:12 PM
To: Irene
Subject: RE: Choclate Mug Cake

Um, did I mention I was 20 years old at the time?
Never got that pony though.....

From: Irene
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:06 PM
To: Andrea
Subject: RE: Choclate Mug Cake

You had an easy bake oven? You never told me you were rich.

From: Andrea
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:06 PM
To: Irene
Subject: RE: Choclate Mug Cake

Are you kidding me? I used to eat stuff I "baked" via light bulb in my Easy Bake oven. Technically this recipe qualifies as gourmet. It doesn't take long to zap an egg, and aside from adding a bit more chocolate, I believe it would work. Try it next time you're PMS'ing and need a fix.

From: Irene
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 2:25 PM
To: Andrea
Subject: FW: Choclate Mug Cake

Would you eat a cake you "baked" in only 3 minutes (scroll down)?

And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ?

Um... undercooked egg? This seems like a sure-fire way to the emergency room, to me. I mean, one egg in a coffee mug? That's a lotta egg.
I checked already: Snopes.com is unaware of this mystery.*

Though... the ice cream in the second photo looks real good.

From: Cathy
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:25 AM
To: A bunch of people with ridiculous email addresses
Subject: FW: Choclate Mug Cake

From: Some lady with a fucked up name
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:58 AM
To: People I don't know


Subject: FW: Choclate Mug Cake

Subject: This is too cool - chocolate cake in 5 minutes!
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug
Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world ?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!











*Note from the future: Obviously I didn't look hard enough. Found this later.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I might have to try this. One can never have enough chocolate cake in life and since this is basically a few bites and can quench a craving, this is probably golden. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would your blog be without me? Though the more I look at the 'choclate' mug cake picture, the more it looks like a big turd. You and your damn hobo food...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds to me as if what you're looking for is writing credit, which is fine.

    "This post co-written by Andrea/Bunny Von Teese." There.

    I think though that you would agree that all the funny lines are mine.

    ReplyDelete