Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Notes from last week

This is from a note pad on my desk at work. In case you can't read it, it says:

"Manic. and wacky today."

(From last week, Thursday, I think. Wednesday, maybe.)

...

Also, I've been describing my off-kilter walking on the treadmill (how I can't let go of the rails for very long or else I start to lean to the side ever so slightly), and all this time I've been thinking it reminds me of something, and I've finally figured out what it is:

It's almost exactly like when Ken Rudnicki, playing the tipsy valet in The Bourgeois Gentilhomme at City Garage, walks offstage at this one point in the show: I think Ken stole that bit from me. It makes sense - we're both a little bit crooked, a little bit goofy, and a little bit sexy. You have exactly 10 more opportunities to see a professional demonstrate my naturally goofy walk. Show closes February 22.

And! City Garage has been nominated for six LA Weekly Theater awards. Congratulations, guys!
ENSEMBLE: The Mission (Accomplished)
MALE COMEDY PERFORMANCE: Jeff Atik, Les Bourgeois Gentilhomme
COSTUME DESIGN: Josephine Poinsot, Les Bourgeois Gentilhomme
ADAPTATION: Charles Duncombe, The Mission (Accomplished)
SOUND DESIGN: Paul Rubenstein, The Mission (Accomplished)
MASK DESIGN: Charles Duncombe, Les Bourgeois Gentilhomme

2 comments:

  1. Irene,

    If I understand correctly, are you saying that people who walk and run straight are NOT sexy? :)

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, all kinds of people are sexy; I'm saying that people who are goofy and crooked are ALSO sometimes sexy.

    ReplyDelete