Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm going to Washington, D.C.!!

Good morning, Representative Richardson,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Washington, D.C. June 4-7, 2009, and are hoping to have the opportunity to tour the White House. I understand that tours of the White House must be arranged by your office.

If possible, we would like to take our tour on Friday, June 5, 2009 (Saturday the 6th would be our second choice). Please let us know what other steps are necessary. My husband has been to Washington, D.C. before, but I have not; we're both very excited to see our nation's capitol together and hope you will be able to assist us.

Thank you very much for your service to the state of California and for considering this request.

Sincerely,
Irene Palma

Note: this part was not in my original message. I've never written to my Congresswoman before. Can you tell?

2 comments:

  1. I"m jealous. I LOVE DC. You'll have a great time and you'll have some great meals. And it should be a nice time to go. How did flute go this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. D.C. is awesome, Irene!

    I had an opportunity to visit the city on foot, in one afternoon. I walked up and down the Mall, and had time to visit one museum. I also saw most of the memorials.

    I was impressed with the feelings I had during my afternoon visit. I felt the abstract, textbook history I learned in school come to life. It was tangible and glorious...our United States!

    I cannot wait to read what you write about your experience...I sure hope you do.

    ReplyDelete