Wednesday, February 25, 2009

From a NY Times interview with the actor, Rupert Everett:

“I spent my whole life thinking I was missing out on something happening somewhere else,” he said. “It took me a long time to feel happy, just to collapse like a dog on the sofa and find great pleasure in a less-ambitious life. I don’t mean that to sound like I’m speaking badly about my other half. I just love sitting around, doing that with someone else. It was always a strain for me in relationships to be interested in the other person except for what I was going to change about them when I had the chance.”

I've always felt fairly easy about having a less-ambitious life; ambition has never been my thing. Then again, I agree with just about every other thing he says in these four sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment