Monday, February 16, 2009

Right now

Right now I am tired, and concerned that I might not have any clean pants to wear to work tomorrow.

So, I'm going to get up, go check, and get to bed. But first:

Today I had a good talk with Bruce, my massage therapist. He told me that next month he's retiring, which I just can't believe. I made one resolution this year, and that was more massages. I meant, more massages with him. I told my friend Cindy last night at a party that I would marry him if both of us weren't already married. I was totally serious. Well, okay, maybe not totally serious. He's retirement age, and his hair and moustache are pure white; that guy has some magic hands. He also is an amazing listener, and a good man, and I can't believe he won't be there for me. I'm happy for him that he gets to retire, and it sounds like he has a great plan, and I'm sure it's all good, and it's selfish of me to say this, but I'm really, really going to miss him.

He told me once that I had an "open heart." He may not know the details, but whenever I talk to him, I always feel like he knows me, and were I to bore him with the gory details, he would understand every misstep, every stupid thing I've ever done, and he would have a funny, smart thing to say about it... and then he would do that special thing to my lower back that he does, and I'd feel instantly better.

I have one more appointment before his last day, and I might make another one for a week after that. I'm going to live it up while I still can.

Now, to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment