Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Funk-y

Tonight, Patrick and I went out for a quick Mexican dinner, and on the way home, we stopped at the mail box that's about 4 blocks from our house. I had him let me out to drop off my mail, and then I decided to walk a little. I went up and down those 4 blocks, and made a nice, brisk, 20 minute walk out of them. It was cold, but lovely out. My neighborhood is kind of dark, and the warmly lit up houses looked cozy and inviting. Yards are looking fine and green from the recent rain, and the sky was partly cloudy and interesting to look at. I caught the smell of fabric softener in the air (it could've been my own house, I started a load of laundry before we left), and talk about cozy! Nothing says cozy to me more than Arm & Hammer Essentials Fabric Softener Sheets (Lavender & Linen scent) (I'm not sure why I felt the need to plug this product; I do use it though). I came home to find Patrick fine-tuning our new DSL (box?), and the cat asleep on my new coat.

...

So, I've no problem admitting that I've been in a bit of a funk lately (and yes, I promise to stop talking about my massage therapist for awhile), but the funny thing is, in spite of my sort of warmed over crap mood, I've been laughing a lot. Mirthful. Cracking wise, even.

I haven't figured that out yet. Why I can feel sort of down and yet giggle still. There's hope for me yet, I suppose.

I was telling my friend Sarah today about the month of March, which is boding to be busy for me, and I think that's part of it. I have a lot of shit going on in March. I'm not a good planner. I like my busy-ness to surprise me, rather than knowing ahead of time that busy times are ahead. I'd rather find myself in the midst of a ton of stuff than be able to peek ahead at my Google calendar at just what's in store for me.

And now what's in store for me is a nice 6 hour sleep before I have to get up and do the whole thing all over again. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment