Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, Friday, the immediate future

Thursday night after flute choir, I drove up to Santa Monica to pick up my friend Bo, who had just wrapped up a rehearsal of his own. More on this later. Without the generosity of my offering hin a ride (not a euphemism), Bo would've been riding the bus to Long Beach, and just might be getting home... about now. Anyway, after I picked him up and dropped him off (again: not a euphemism), I took some photos, because I caught myself, all the way home from his house to my house, thinking that the moon was a reflection of somebody's motorcycle or one-eyed car in my rear view mirror.

I did it multiple times. Caught myself thinking that, I mean. The moon was kind of perfectly positioned to have been one big headlight - it was right there, about 1/2 an inch away from the rear view mirror. Granted, I was tired. I was not drunk. Thursdays are long days for me, and while driving Bo home is always a treat, my little detour into the city of Santa Monica added about 30 minutes to my drive home, so I was a little tired: but I think I was fairly awake. It was just a weird trick of the eye, there. I fell for it, about 4 times.

So, yeah, I took some photos, and sent one to my blog here, and here you go. You can see exactly what I was talking about, can't you? See how the moon is - wait, what? What is that you're saying? The photo is what? Dark? Huh. I don't know. It looked exactly right on the screen when I took the picture - ?

Oh, whatever. It wasn't that great of an idea, anyway. Maybe this is really a representation of something else. I'll let you know when I think of something.

I am sitting here in my robe (I just got the robes I ordered for me and Patrick online in the mail the other day. I haven't been able to open them because his is his Valentine's day present, and damn if that dude isn't always home), and I think I'm in love. His is navy blue plaid flannel, and mine is navy blue, the softest cotton. I have a bath robe, but this one is just for... lounging. I love it. I hope he likes his.

Right now I am thinking about the weekend, and how if I get up right now, I can get to cleaning my office and doing some laundry and maybe go to the gym, and pick up my dry cleaning, and when Patrick gets home from the car dealership (more on this too, later) and visiting his mother, maybe we can go grocery shopping and get some food. Because right now, while popcorn and See's candy seems like a good breakfast...

P.S. Oh, and I think we have a virus. I've been nagging Patrick to FIND OUT WHY OUR DAMN COMPUTERS ARE SO FUCKING SLOW for weeks now. I don't have a good feeling about this. I am backing up all my important photos (like this one) now.

No comments:

Post a Comment