Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow

Yesterday we took my parents and sister and brother to a late lunch at our favorite restaurant, La Casita Mexicana. It was a birthday lunch for me, since it was my birthday last week.

(I'm 29. Again.)

It was silly of me to plan it on Valentine's day, but the fact that it was Valentine's day was a detail that didn't occur to me until after the plans had already been made; anyway, this is why my other brother wasn't able to join us. My family met us at our house at 1:30, and we set off in a two-car caravan to... the city of Bell. The 20 minute drive turned into about an hour; there was some sort of fuel spill or something that required the fire department and the HazMat team, and then they closed the exit we needed and at this point I was practically chewing on my arm, I was so hungry, especially because Patrick insisted on telling my mother all about the restaurant and the delicious food the whole way there, but finally we pulled up and... waited another 20 minutes while they found a table large enough to accommodate us (it's a small place). None of them had ever been to Bell (and neither had I, until I went to the restaurant the first time), so we sat around and talked and it was fine, though, rather cold. I was anxious that my parents would like the food. Finally we got to sit down, and we finally got to eat, and I think everyone liked their food (my sister had an upset stomach the day before, and so ate her lunch rather gingerly, but I think she liked it), but at that point, I was so deep in La Casita Mexicana heaven that I kind of forgot about worrying about them liking it and just ate my own food.

Afterwards, we all came back to our house for cake and presents and pictures and cats, and then they left, and Patrick and I had our Valentine's Day night (not to be confused with a tropical hot dog night), which was quite similar to any other night, and that was just fine with us.

Today, we got up kind of early and went to Grounds for breakfast, and I took a shower, and supposedly I'm going to do laundry and maybe practice before heading out to pick up Bo and go to Santa Monica. Since I'm still sitting here with wet hair in my slippers and bathrobe, I'm unsure about the success of this plan. After the show tonight I think we're going to a party at the home of one of the actors but not staying long, as I think it's going to rain tonight and she lives kind of far away from both the theater and Long Beach.

Tomorrow's a holiday for us, and all I've got planned is a massage, and a nap. I love planning days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment