Wednesday, March 17, 2010

21st Century Klutz

Second day of meme instead of real content. Hey, ask me anything. I just might tell ya.

What are your current obsessions?

Besides Stewart Copeland? (Hi, Stewart.)

Oh, okay. My current obessions are: laundry; a particular four-bar passage in the Mozart we're playing in flute choir; my stupid hair; Kinsey Millhone; finding a nice Chinese lady to make me some Chinese tamales; risotto cakes from Whole Foods; the vegetarian bean casserole thing in the frozen food section at Fresh & Easy (I think it's Annie's but could be another brand); the songs "Breed" and "Lounge Act" from Nirvana's Nevermind album; Powell flutes; and the new 2010 Ford Mustang. In white. Deliver it to the house, thank you.

Which item from your wardrobe do you wear the most often?
My black v-neck sweater from the Gap.

What’s for dinner?
Honestly, probably popcorn.

What is your greatest fear at the moment?
Eating it in front of everyone on the Mozart at the flute choir concert tomorrow night.

What are you listening to?
Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, Trail of Dead, George Harrison

If you were a god/goddess what would you be?
Eris, the Goddess of Discord. What's not to love about discord?

What are your guilty pleasures?
Cheesy mystery novels, Kevin and Bean, wasting a whole day on the couch in front of the TV, the Kelly Clarkson/Pink albums on my iPod, the bands Metallica and Electric Light Orchestra, the movies "Moonstruck" and "Dirty Dancing," answering these questions, fake chicken nuggets, 3 Musketeers bars, daydreaming.

Who or what makes you laugh?
Patrick, my kitties, my niece and nephew, my friend Michael Dane.

What is your favorite spring thing to do?
Bike rides, walks, driving home after work and the sky isn't dark yet, the weather.

Where are you planning to travel next?
We're considering another trip to El Paso with Patrick's mom to see her family. Maybe a trip up north to Portland.

What is the best thing you ate or drank lately?
Dinner at Enrique's. Wait, that was a month ago. I think I need another dinner at Enrique's.

Oh, also the churros at La Casita Mexicana. And the chocolate birthday cake my sister bought me (from Pavilions). Hmmm.

Who was your first ever crush?
My best friend Jeremy. We were kindergarten/first grade best friends. We used to play Star Wars, fly kites, and a game of our own design called "Cat and Dog." He was awesome. Our moms thought we were gonna get married. Haven't talked to him in 20 years. He might be a Republican now. Good thing I'm married.

What is your favorite ever film?
Breaking Away.

What is the biggest life lesson you’ve learned from your kids?
No kids for me! From being a kid, I would say I learned to try everything (I didn't do this) and ask questions (I did). From my kitty cats, I would say, never turn down an opportunity to eat or to be petted.

What song can’t you get out of your head?
Yesterday it was "Get Up Stand Up" by Bob Marley; today it's "My Sweet Lord" by George Harrison.

What book do you know you should read but refuse to?
Anything by Charles Dickens. Ever since the 10th grade when I was the only kid to refuse to read "A Tale of Two Cities" have I denounced Dickens. It might be to my own detriment; maybe one day I'll pick him up. I chose to read "Cat's Cradle" by Kurt Vonnegut instead. (This story may be apocryphal.) I love John Irving (though, not so much his latest book), and he LOVES Dickens.

What is your physical abnormality/abnormal physical ability?
Cross-eyed. Pigeon-toed. 21st Century Klutz. My right hip occasionally, on it's own, decides it wants to pop. Usually when I'm just standing there.

What is your favorite color?
For years and years it was red. Now I think it might be blue. I still like red, though.

2 comments:

  1. Your favorite film is Breaking Away? Are you talking about the biking film set in Indiana? If yes, I may have to link to you in an upcoming flashback post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Scott,

    Yes, of course the cycling film. It has everything! I love that movie!

    Thanks for visiting,
    Irene

    ReplyDelete