Tuesday, March 16, 2010

4.4 earthquake rattles Los Angeles area [Updated]

Patrick and I (and a whole lot of other people) were awakened this morning (at 4:04, according to my watch) by a 4.4 earthquake. Patrick (and his snoring) was out on the living room couch (with three cats, I might add, all of whom abandoned me) but when I called out to him, he said he'd been awake for awhile.

I felt like we had just gone to sleep - we both had rehearsals (me, the dress rehearsal for Thursday night's flute choir concert; he was practicing with Suffering Luna) Monday night and I know I didn't fall asleep until about 12 or 12:30.

From another article in the LA Times about the earthquake:
There is a small chance that Tuesday's earthquake is a precursor to the Big One, Hutton said. Any time an earthquake occurs in California, there's statistically a 5% chance that it is a "foreshock" of a larger earthquake, Hutton said.
You'd think after all this time I'd be used to earthquakes, but I'm not, really. And I never, ever think about "The Big One." Well. I did this morning!

4.4 earthquake rattles Los Angeles area [Updated]

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment