Saturday, July 14, 2007

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth - with further edits


[All the superfluous "actually"s have been removed.]

Today while Patrick mowed the lawn, I decided it was a good time to turn the stereo on and watch "The Kids Are Alright" again. I turned the stereo on, and then I turned it UP - the lawn mower was loud, but Patrick said he could hear the TV outside! Hey, what's the point of having powerful audio equipment if you don't turn it up once in awhile?

Not to take anything away from my obsession with Stewart Copeland (which persists, in spite of fewer mentions than usual in this space), but Pete Townshend... wow. What a genius. I was just browsing his website with his girlfriend Rachel Fuller [this is the website he has with his girlfriend; Rachel wasn't here, reading it with me!], and reading her blog. She seems like a kook - but a totally cool kook, and they appear to be happy.

Now I am avoiding the inevitable, which is cleaning up the kitchen. To tell you the truth, I've been avoiding cleaning the kitchen (and living room, bathroom, bedroom, and doing the laundry) all week. I'm feeling a bit sleepy, and may just take a nap instead

Today has been lovely - got up at around 9:30, poked around the Internet for awhile. Took a shower, then got dressed and took Franny to the vet (Fra-fra-fra Franny and the Vets!). She's been sneezing, and has a bit of the ol' drippy eye. She saw Dr. Kellie Smith, who she saw before when she had Mange! (that's not the end of the sentence, rather, I think every mention of Mange! should include a capital M and an exclamation point); Dr. Smith remembered her, and was very sweet with her. Franny turned into a big cuddler on the examining table. Really, I was very surprised at her display of docilitiy. Anyway, turns out she needs antibiotics... her gums were looking a bit red, and that's a bit of a concern, apparently. She may need to get some dental work done, which would suck.

Afterwards I brought her home, squirted the medicine all over a nice hunk of turkey sandwich meat, and let Franny go to town. She's been taking a nap most of the afternoon. Which is what I should be doing, too.

Tonight I think I'm carpooling to Santa Monica with my friend Bo, his wife Martha, and their friend. I'm so glad to not be driving. Last night we went with Patrick. The director's husband Charles put him to work, manning a video camera: they record every show, and will do it again this Sunday. There was something going on with me last night - I just didn't feel very well. A bit shaky and kind of nervous. I thought it was because Charles was there: he hasn't seen me run the show in ages. But I think I'm either coming down with a cold, or was having a low blood pressure moment - I felt this way on Thursday night, too, at flute choir. I feel fine and like myself but then once in awhile I'll listen to myself talk and I sound very mellow and slow and unenergetic. A nap. I need a nap.

One good thing about this weird feeling is, I feel like a much nicer person all of a sudden. I noticed I was smiling at everyone at the vet, and petting everyone's dogs (there were a lot of dogs this morning), and chatting up the technician who took Franny's temperature: this is not my normal SOP! I feel very relaxed and calm for a change. That's gotta be good, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment