Friday, July 13, 2007

Last Weekend of Rhinoceros

Hey, this weekend is your last chance to catch Rhinoceros at City Garage... after Sunday, we're closing this show down.

I'm having my usual conflicted feelings about it. On the one hand, I love doing it. I love being there, at that theater - it's fun, and I finally feel a little more comfortable, like they know me and that's cool. On the other hand, schlepping out to Santa Monica (although my carpool buddy makes up for the drag of all that driving) three nights a week is not that much fun. Finding parking on Sunday afternoons in the summer in Santa Monica: not fun. Roasting in the super-hot, stuffy booth with only a hundred year old tired fan for circulation? Not fun.

So yeah, I'm glad we're almost done, but I'm also glad, now, on Friday, that there are still three more nights. Does that make sense? Anyway... the good part of all this is, the show ending means I get a break. I get to go to Catalina, and the flute convention. I get to hang out on the weekends with Patrick. So, yeah, that's all good. I just hope he doesn't get bored with me, now that I'm gonna be home all the time!

...

Wow, now that I wrote all that, I feel kind of sad about it ending. It's kind of a bummer. I know it's good to look forward to the next thing, but I'm just not sure what that is. And Patrick's going away again this week... Wow. Now I'm all depressed. Well, on that note...

No comments:

Post a Comment