Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Pinkberry


As you know, trendsetters that we are, always on the cutting edge of everything, after like a year, Patrick and I finally hauled our butts to Pinkberry

There's one near us down on 7th Street in Long Beach; and last night after my rescheduled flute lesson, we decided to go. Actually... I was all set to vegetate on the couch, so it was Patrick's idea.

The place was filled up with young, hip people, and then there were the smattering of older, slightly less hip people (I suppose we fell into this category). I had no idea what I was ordering, so I ended up with a "small, original, with strawberries." It wasn't until after I ordered that I realized they had blackberries (my favorite). The cash register is kind of in the wrong spot... you either have to get out of line to peruse the case of toppings, or know what they have ahead of time. I didn't really care for it on my first bite - that tartness kind of threw me - but as I continued eating, I really enjoyed it. And then Patrick shared some of his pineapple with me, and I figured it out.

Pineapple and Pinkberry "original" = Heaven On Earth.

Next time I'm getting pineapple and blackberries. It did seem a tad expensive, for yogurt (I don't know what they're thinking, charging $7.50 for shaved ice. That better be some damn good shaved ice), but worth it.

1 comment:

  1. haven't done Pinkberry yet but I've heard it's great. I'll try your combo when I finally get there.

    ReplyDelete