Sunday, November 11, 2007

Attitude adjustment

I realized a couple of things this morning while I was in the shower, listening to "Jenny," by Tommy Tutone and singing along.

1. I gotta start listening to more music and less NPR.
2. I'm taking a break from my flute lessons, but I miss them. I think this is a serious mistake, but one that I can actually fix. I'm busy for awhile, but as soon as I get my head on straight, I'm going back to my old schedule, if I can. I miss it.
3. Everybody fucks up. I don't know why I'm being so hard on myself, but I'm going to try to stop it. You all probably don't know what I'm talking about. But I do.
4. I'm going to stop accepting the crap my work is handing me. I'm not that old. I can change. I can learn. I can do something else. I'm good but I'm replaceable. I like the sound of that.

Okay, so maybe four things is two things too many to be a "couple." But. I feel way better today.

No comments:

Post a Comment