Saturday, November 10, 2007

Skinny jeans


The other night when I was in Santa Monica, I went for my usual Jamba Juice before rehearsal (though I think I'm gonna switch out my Citrus Squeeze at Jamba for hot chocolate for this chocolate joint that's on the corner of 4th and Santa Monica... had some last night after the opening of "The Bald Soprano," and that hot chocolate kicked ass). While I was sitting there waiting for them to make it, in walked this guy.

I've never seen this particular guy before, but I have definitely seen his counterpart, many times, around town. You, too, have seen this guy. He had his longish dark hair in his face, bangs brushing his eyebrows. He was on the phone. He was wearing a grayish t-shirt that said something that, if you said it outloud in company, people would look at you like you had pink smoke emanating out of your ears. I don't remember it, exactly, obviously. He had a black studded belt on, and that belt was about 4 inches wide. He was on the thin side. And? He was wearing black skinny jeans and Vans.

OK.

So being as non-judgmental as I possibly can (but honestly? I'm pretty judgmental. Get over it), and remembering that I am probably at least one generation beyond this guy's experience, I just want to state, for the record, that skinny jeans only look good on A. Girls B. Thin girls C. Girls sporting Pat Benetar hairdos or girls who look like Edie Brickell.

Skinny jeans on guys just doesn't do it for me. Unless it's 1982 and your name is Terry Bozzio, please, for the good of everyone who has to look at you, leave the skinny jeans for the chicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment